The year was 1945 just after the end of World War II. Three college buddies return to their Texas panhandle roots to establish a civil engineering firm in Lubbock, Texas. These three men recognized many communities in the Texas South Plains area were in need of civil engineering consulting services to meet their rapid development.
Fueled by the boom in the agricultural industry, these growing communities needed professional civil engineering consultant services to provide their citizens with basic municipal infrastructure services of water, sewer, paving and drainage. Gordon W. Parkhill, Marlin R. Smith, Jr. and S. Clarence Cooper likely did not even dream that their humble 3-man business would someday be one of the top 500 Design firms in the nation.
1945 - Gordon W. Parkhill, Marlin R. Smith, Jr. and S. Clarence Cooper formed a partnership under the name of Parkhill, Smith & Cooper - Consulting Engineers.
1958 - Gordon W. Parkhill moved to El Paso, Texas to open PSC's El Paso Office.
1963 - PSC was incorporated with the original officers / shareholders of Gordon W. Parkhill (President), Marlin R. Smith, Jr. (Vice President), S. Clarence Cooper (Secretary/Treasurer), H. Bennett Reaves (Shareholder) and James R. Steele (Shareholder).
1975 - Edward W. Cartwright and James E. Atcheson joined the firm to open an architectural office as Atcheson, Cartwright & Associates.
1975 - PSC added Structural Engineering services.
1979 - PSC opened the Midland Office.
1986 - PSC added Mechanical, Plumbing & Electrical (MPE) Engineering services.
1988 - PSC added Interior Design services.
1992 - PSC opened the Amarillo Office.
2001 - PSC added Landscape Architecture services.
2003 - PSC launched PSC University.
2010 - PSC opened the Las Cruces, New Mexico office.
2011 - PSC merged with WD Architects - expanding PSC's range of services in the Amarillo office.
2012 - PSC merged with The Tittle Luther Partnership - expanding PSC's range of services in the Abilene region.
© - Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc. | Legal